• Summary of Federal Aid for Flood Victims
• Red Cross Flood Relief Page – learn about resources available to flood victims
SBA Application for Disaster Relief Loans – SBA provides low-interest, long-term loans for physical and economic damage caused by a declared disaster. Learn more about home and personal property, business and economic injury loans.
• SSA Emergency Information Page – how to access Social Security Administration services during an emergency.
• Disaster Assistance from Disaster.gov – provides disaster survivors with information, support services, and a means to access and apply for disaster assistance through a variety of partners.
• FEMA Claims Handbook – instructions for property owners with flood insurance on filing a claim with the Federal Emergency Management Agency
• FEMA Information for Property Owners – a variety of information for property owners with flood insurance policies
• Louisiana Appleseed – Help for Disaster Victims without Clear Legal Title to Their Properties
• Lost Document Recovery – Listing of resources to obtain copies of documents that may have been destroyed due to the flood.
United Policyholders: Invaluable Links to Insurance Recovery Information
United Policyholders (UP) has provided LCUL credit unions access to their resources for victims of the Great Flood. UP is a non-profit organization that serves as a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 States.
United Policyholders’ Great Flood 2016 Blog Page This blog is updated regularly and provides links to important recovery resources, including:
• Flood Recovery & Insurance – Getting Started
• Flood Insurance Claim Tips
• NFIP Proof of Loss, Damage Estimates, and Supplemental Claims
• Flood Insurance Claim Deadlines
• Resolving Flood Insurance Disputes
• Speak UP: How to communicate with your insurance company
• Mold Damage Guide – Information and resources about mold damage
• Louisiana Executive Order granting extensions of time for paying premiums and preparing insurance claims, suspends policy cancelations
• Louisiana Executive Order suspending certain legal and tax deadlines
• National Disaster Legal Aid
• Disaster Legal Services (American Bar Association)
• Free legal assistance for Louisiana flood victims
*CSE FCU does not endorse all of the providers listed. We are simply passing along any resources that are sent to us on your behalf.