CSE offers the following checking accounts for your convenience:
Free Basic Checking—No minimum balance and the freedom to use your checking account as you wish, with your free initial VISA debit card!
Rewards Checking—Upgrade your basic free checking and enjoy all those convenient features while earning competitive interest and nationwide ATM fee refunds up to $15 per month when basic qualifications are met.
Teen Checking—Start your teenagers on the road to financial responsibility with a teen checking account.
Free Basic Checking
CSE’s Free Basic Checking account offers members the freedom to use the account as they wish.
Features of a Free Basic Checking Account*:
- Only $50.00 to Open
- No Monthly Service Charge
- No Minimum Balance
- Unlimited Check Writing
- No Per Check Fee
- Free Initial VISA Debit Card
CSE Rewards is an upgrade to our Free Basic Checking* where you can earn competitive dividends if certain basic requirements are met. You will get all the features of the Basic Checking account plus dividends and nationwide ATM fee refunds.
In order to receive the qualifying rate, we ask that you meet the following monthly qualifications:
- Have at least 12 debit card transactions post and clear per qualification cycle
- Have at least one Direct Deposit, ACH Auto Debit, or Bill Pay post and clear per qualification cycle
- Access Online Banking
- Receive Monthly eStatements
If your daily balance is $10,000.00 or less, and the above qualifications are met, you will receive the maximum qualifying rate. If the qualifications are met and your daily balance exceeds $10,000.00, you will receive the maximum qualifying rate on your funds up to $10,000.00 and an above the cap rate on your funds over $10,000.00. If the qualifications are not met during the monthly cycle, you will still qualify for a base rate and will have the chance to qualify again during the next month.
The qualification period runs on a full calendar month. The dividend payment is posted on the 2nd day of the month following the close of the qualification period.
*Some restrictions and eligibility requirements may apply. Checking Account required for Online Bill Pay. You must have a CSE Savings Account with a $5.00 minimum deposit to qualify for a Checking Account. The rates on CSE Rewards Checking Accounts are subject to change without notice at the discretion of CSE FCU. Rewards Checking Accounts are for personal accounts only. Only one Rewards Checking Account per Social Security Number.
Teach valuable financial skills through experience. Our Teen Checking includes a CSE debit card, online banking, and mobile banking to give teens everyday money management responsibility. As with all of our members, financial education always plays a major part with helping the member manage their account.
- $50.00 Minimum Initial Deposit
- No Monthly Service Charge
- No Minimum Balance required after initial deposit
- Member must be at least 13 years of age and not yet 18 years of age.
- Parent, who is a member in good standing, must sign on the account.
- Parent must have a checking account with the Credit Union
- Debit Card offered
- Offline limits allowed on Debit Card
- Overdraft Protection must be on the teen’s share account and also on the parent’s share account
- NO Overdraft Privilege
- No checks
- No Bill Pay
Once the teen turns 18 years of age, CSE will convert the Teen Checking to a Basic Checking account.
Contact a CSE Member Service Representative, 337.477.2000, for additional information.
Additional Checking Services
When opening your new CSE Checking Account, ask about these convenient services:
- Free Instant Issue VISA Debit Card
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Free Online e-Statements
- Free Home Banking with CSE Online
- Overdraft Services
- Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction/Automatic Transfers
- Mobile Deposit
- Overdraft Protection