On a daily basis there are multiple attempts to gain personal information by identity thieves; e-mail fraud attempts, known as “Phishing” are often sent to large lists of people, expecting that some percentage of the recipients will actually have an account with the real organization. This false e-mail asks for the recipient to click on a link to verify their information. If the recipient proceeds to do so, the link directs them to a false website and asks for their personal account/member number, PIN, along with other personal information.
Information contained within this page is provided to assist CSE FCU members in protecting themselves from identity theft/fraud and other criminal activities. Review the links and information to learn the most recent/common attempts to gain your personal information and how to protect yourself against the Identity Thieves.
To help prevent and stay on top of fraud please follow below steps:
- Monitor your account. We are recommending you to monitor your checking account purchases and pending credit/debit card transactions through CSE Online to check for fraud charges.
- Manage Passwords & Pins. Even if you haven’t received notification of fraud but have made an in-store purchase with a debit/credit card at a retailer who has had a data breach, it is in your best interest to change your passcode as to avoid a potential breach.
- Update your Information. If you have recently changed your address, phone number, etc. and have not notified us of the change please do so via CSE Online or visit the nearest CSE location.
- Watch for Suspicious Activity. If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact a Member Service Representative at 337.477.2000 or a CSE location nearest you.
- Check www.csefcu.org, CSE Online, or your nearest CSE Location for Updates. We will provide updated information as we receive it.
- Contact CSE. If you do suspect fraud or receive any indicator such as a text or phone call to confirm your card information, do not respond and contact us immediately.
As always, please remain vigilant in this busy shopping season and review your accounts regularly for fraudulent activity.
NOTE: DO NOT RESPOND. CSE Federal Credit Union DOES NOT send messages requesting personal information via email unless the communication was first initiated by a member request. Do not respond to any emails, text, or phone messages requesting personal or account information. CSE FCU highly recommends that any personal information requested be made by the member by contacting (337) 477.2000, or (800) 625.5747.
CSE now has the ability to issue a replacement Check (Debit) Card and you won’t have to wait for a new card to be mailed to you. You can cancel your old card and receive a new one within minutes. If you discover any suspicious activity or suspect fraud, please contact CSE FCU immediately at (337)477-2000.